Thursday, October 1, 2009

Mystery Caterpillar

No videos or pictures in your ILQW email? See them at http://ilovequoddywild.blogspot.com



I found a cute little critter eating a poplar leaf on a walk yesterday  and thought it would make an interesting photo subject, so I put it,  with its partly eaten leaf, on the table along with the mail and forgot  about it. I noticed the leaf on the floor this morning. Poor bug!

I also had the last of the apples from a tree I planted this summer on the table, and I was looking  forward to its crisp refreshment. On closer inspection I found my alien critter had beaten me to it.  He/she is now in a jar with more leaves doing its thing, but first it was photo time!

Who knows what it might become?!

Tim

1 comment:

  1. a little internet research gets " spiny oak slug" catepillar.

    Joyce

    ReplyDelete