Thursday, February 18, 2010

Landfill Eagles

No videos or pictures in your ILQW email? See them at http://ilovequoddywild.blogspot.com

Date: Tue, 16 Feb 2010 13:43:50 -0400
From: Todd Watts, NatureNB
Subject: Lawrence Station Landfill Report

This morning, I visited the landfill in Lawrence Station in hopes of  finding some wintering buteos. I am sorry(sort of) to report that the  only wintering raptors observed were no less than 13 Bald Eagles (the  actual number of eagles present was likely higher). During my time at  the landfill, I scanned the landfill, the skies over it, as well as,  all the posts, poles and trees within sight. No other birds of prey  could be found. After leaving the landfill, I did find one adult Red-  tailed Hawk in a tree next to the highway.

Todd Watts
Bocabec, NB


Photo Credit: wikipedia.com

No comments:

Post a Comment