Sunday, September 27, 2009

Gyrfalcon at Bay of Fundy's Grand Manan

No videos or pictures in your ILQW email? See them at http://ilovequoddywild.blogspot.com



Date: Fri, 25 Sep 2009 18:07:09 -0300
From: Brian Dalzell, NatureNB
Subject: Gyrfalcon @ Grand Manan

I just watched a large, darkish GYRFALCON cruising on the wind in front of my place here at Grand Manan. The wind is blowing a steady 25 knots from the north, with gusts to 40+ knots. It caused  quite a lot of consternation among the local crows, and I'm sure it could have nailed one if it so desired. Last I saw it was headed for Castalia Marsh. Earlier this afternoon I had a HERMIT THRUSH feeding unconcernedly in the back driveway, picking up moth larvae blown out of  overhead birch trees. Fall is here!

Brian Dalzell
Bancroft Point

No comments:

Post a Comment