Thursday, June 11, 2009

Blue Birds at St. George

See the pictures and subscribe at http://www.ilovequoddywild.blogspot.com
Date:    Sun, 7 Jun 2009 13:40:26 -0300
From: Ralph Eldridge NatureNB
Subject: SAINT GEORGE REPORT

Someone asked recently if HOODED MERGANSERS would be hatched by now.
I saw my first family on Thursday, June 4th and that doesn't seem especially early. I expect to see Hoodies at the same time or just days behind the Black Ducks.

I saw 2 very young Hoodie families in the Saint George Marsh this (Sunday) morning.

I ran across 3 male EASTERN BLUEBIRDS actively catching insects near the junction of the Kelly Road & the Manor Road. I also heard some vocals. There are several bird houses at an adjacent home so they may have Blue tenants.
Photo Credit: wikipedia.com

No comments:

Post a Comment