Tuesday, July 28, 2009

Bay of Fundy Fog Bailer for Sale?

See the pictures and subscribe at http://ilovequoddywild.blogspot.com

I've just finished a Google search for a Bay of Fundy Fog Bailer. No go. Not even a single link to a commercial site where I could buy one.

You remember! The last time I was sent for one was at cub camp. I never did get it because the sun came out by the time I had chased it around the camp.

I haven't thought much about it for years, but right now I need one. So... if you have one to lend, the plans for one we can build, or even a place where we could buy one, let us all know.

Thanks
Art

4 comments:

  1. Hi Art, Your search for a "Fog Bailer" reminded me of years ago when I was working on the Campobello ferry. That particular summer the barge was being towed by a fishing boat fully equipped with the pumps and so forth for the sardines and scales. Some of the tourists asked me about the "strange contraption" on the boat, to which I explained to them the best of my abilility. The entire load of people laughed at my story of the scales, and so forth. With that, I began to tell them the best story I could think up. I told them that if they looked around the bay they would find several boats with pumping equipment like that boat. I then proceeded to tell them that the sun beating on the shining water reflected the heat onto the land and made it very unbearable on land. I told them that the government paid us several hundred thousand dollars to help air condition the land around us. When it would become excessively hot on the land we would cirulate the salt water through condensors and pumps to create fog. We would then pump this fog into the air. Everyone of the tourists believed that line, and thanked me for finally being honest with them about these fishing boats.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I understand Dean Girdis is offering a million dollars for a "fog bailer." Something about can't move LNG tankers without two mile visibility.......

    GG

    ReplyDelete
  3. Carole MacKenzie said: Great story about the "fog bailer." A friend visiting me this year seemed impressed with my calling it "sea smoke." I am thinking that if it is sea smoke, that old Bay of Fundy sure is hot this year!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I still say Dean Girdis, or any of the other developers for that matter, will pay a lot of money for this machine.

    GG

    ReplyDelete