Tuesday, June 9, 2009

WE NEED YOUR SIGHTINGS

Fundy Whale and I Love Quoddy Wild were developed to allow the community at large to participate in enjoying and keeping track of our natural assets; the marine mammals, birds, fish, and invertebrates that abound throughout Quoddy. For the last few months we have been pleased to see the response to ilovequoddywild@blogspot.com. Now we are attempting to map these natural "assets" so that everyone is aware of this special place. Why is this important?

Well, there is little time, but we are trying to accelerate our mapping development so that we can submit sighting data from the Quoddy community to FERC's Environmental Impact Assessment for the Downeast LNG proposal at Robbinston, ME.

Believe it or not, they seem to have missed the whales, seals, and birds that use and NEED Head Harbour Passage, Cobscook Bay and the surrounding Quoddy area.

Please send your sightings so we can let them know the importance of Quoddy to a multitude of marine life. There's an early July deadline.

Thanks Art


Get the photos and subscribe at fundywhale.blogspot.com.

1 comment:

  1. Hi - the photos on this blogspot are fantastic

    Yesterday, at my suet feeder - I had a male Scarlet Tananger - I couldn't believe my eyes, as these birds are generally high top feeders - and while I have some great old elms where he might have found food, I was delighted to have him visit and I'm off to buy more suet

    The West Isles photo should be wallpaper!

    ReplyDelete