Sunday, June 28, 2009

Right Whale Records from deep in Passamaquoddy beyond Head Harbour Passage

See the pictures and subscribe at http://ilovequoddywild.blogspot.com

Art,

I'm reminded of the right whale sited by Cherry Island in August 2004. Don Dunbar photographed it (published in the Quoddy Tides). Ronald Welch photographed one on July 30, 2004 in Western Passage offshore from Wilson's Beach.

Bob

Robert Godfrey
Visit the International Quoddy Loop
A 2-Nation Vacation in Maine & New Brunswick

1 comment:

  1. I think I saw one late last fall in Friar's Bay in front of the house. I heard a whale blow and went to the front of the lawn overlooking the water to see what it was. Suddenly a whale surfaced right in front of me close to the rocks. All I could think of amidst all the turmoil of water and whale was "Look for a dorsal fin, look for a dorsal fin" I concentrated hard on looking for a dorsal fin and I saw no fin. The whale came up next far out in the bay.

    Joyce

    ReplyDelete